Marsha Blaker and Paul DeSomma are Santa Cruz, California based artists who work both collaboratively and independently on a variety of glass projects and series. The pair met at the Pilchuck Glass School in 1989, married in 1991 and opened their glass studio in 2001.
Marsha’s detail-oriented work is influenced by the intricacies of the marine environment, with emphasis on the myriad of textures and colors. Paul, a minimalist at heart, is most interested in freehand solid glass sculpting, emphasizing the clarity, form and optical nature of colorless and transparent colored glass.
Marsha and Paul share a love of nature, the ocean environment, and a love for an “ice-cracking cold” beer.
- Large Wave, 11" w x 11" h x 6"
- Small Wave II, 9.5" w x 7.5" h x 4" d
- Large Wave, 12.25" w x 11.5" h x 6.5" d
- Rip Curl, 11" l x 7" w x 5.5" h
- Rip Curl II, 10" l x 6" w x 6" h
- Rip Curl, 9.5" l x 6" w x 5.5" h
- Flattened Wave Vase, 12" w x 26" h x 8" d
- Wave Bowl with high sides, 15" h x 10" w x 6" d
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? GIVE US A RING!
We can wrap it and ship it today.
The Dog Always Wraps for Free!
Give a gift from the Laughing Dog Gallery, and our signature gift-wrapping will let them know it’s something spectacular before they even open the package.